How do cat registration numbers work?
- Since July 1999, all kittens are registered with a numerical code.
- The old SA/SR/VP/RR system is no longer applicable.
- "Old" codes allocated prior to July 1999 will still work.
- Continue to see the breakdown of the registration number
- The breakdown of the registration number is as follows:
- It begins with a number to indicate the century: 1 for pre 2000, 2 for after 2000.
- The next two digits are the last two digits of the year of birth.
- The next two digits are the last two digits representing the month of birth.
- The next three digits are a number representing the number of cats registered so far during that month.
- Example: a cat born on 21st June 1999 and being the tenth cat registered during that month would have the registration number 19906010.
- Articles View Hits